Saturday, May 16, 2009

Chocolate and Zucchini blog

















If you're into food blogs you might already be a fan of Chocolate and Zucchini. Clotilde, the talented and bi-literate blogger is quite a clever writer and I'm intrigued that such a young lady has immersed herself in food with such great passion.

I look forward to her weekly "edible idoms" in her blog - part of a series on French idiomatic expressions that relate to food. And while I'm not a French speaker, I love to learn them and about their origins. I also appreciate that the weekly "edible idiom" makes her blog unique and is something that draws me in, makes me look forward to reading her next blog post.

This week's idiom is "La fin des haricots."

"Literally translated as, 'the end of the beans,' it means that the situation is disastrous, that it's all over, and that all hope is gone." She goes on to explain further so read it here if you're interested.

It sounds so elegant and sophisticated when you say it out loud in French. And then to learn that it actually has a negative meaning just didn't seem quite right - cognitive dissonance, as they say. It made me laugh out loud.

This blog not only provides me interesting and current insights into French food culture and wonderful tips, but also entertains me. Hope you enjoy it too.

About the photo
I subscribe to the monthly newsletter in which Clotilde offers a monthly desktop picture - this photo was downloaded from this month's newsletter.

1 comment:

  1. I subscribe to Chocolate Nuts Popcorn with a sprinkle Flax Seed.
    Clotee's Daughter,
    Queenii

    ReplyDelete